- Mineral sunscreen made with 100% non-nano zinc oxide, safest option according to EWG experts.
- EWG VERIFIED™ and Top-rated on EWG’s Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database.
- Ecologo Certified™: Sustainable and Biodegradable sunscreen.
- PETA Certified: Not tested on animals.
- All natural ingredients: Plant-based and mineral only – vegan.
- Reef safe sunscreen: Free of oxybenzone, octinoxate and benzophenone-3 (BP-3) – potentially damaging ingredients for coral reefs.
- Free of 4MBC and butylparaben, endocrine disruptors.
- Free of PEGs such as PEG-100 stearate and PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, contaminated with cancer-causing chemicals.
- Free of preservatives of concern such as phenoxyethanol, parabens, formaldehyde or formaldehyde-releasers, benzyl alcohol, and MIT.
- Offers broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
- Fragrance-Free; unscented sunscreen.
- Hypoallergenic and Dermatologically-tested.
- Non-greasy, clear and easy to apply.
Medicinal ingredient: Zinc oxide (20%)
Non-medicinal ingredients: Aqua, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetearyl alcohol, cetearyl glucoside, glyceryl isostearate, glyceryl stearate, C10-18 triglycerides, glycerin, polyhydroxystearic acid, ethylhexylglycerin, caprylyl glycol, xanthan gum, sodium gluconate.
How to apply a mineral sunscreen?
Mineral sunscreen does not penetrate completely into the skin like chemical sunscreen, it is designed to stay on the surface of the skin and reflect UV rays. Therefore, it is normal for the texture to be thicker during application. For a pleasant mineral sun protection experience, here are some tips:
- Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Make sure your skin is well hydrated.
- Do not apply the cream on wet skin.
- Apply small dots of cream on the different areas of the skin and spread it gradually with the palm of your hand.
- If a white layer is still noticeable, keep rubbing to better distribute it.
- Reapply at least after every 2 hours of normal activity, after 40 minutes of swimming or sweating, and immediately after towel-drying.
- Ask a doctor for use on children under 6 months of age.