Ingredients: Pure Soap Flakes (Sodium palmitate and/or sodium cocoate).
Simple recipes that use Pure Soap Flakes:
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) borax
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) soap flakes
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) hot water
- 5-25 ml (2-5 teaspoons) of whiting
- 1.) Mix soap flakes and borax with water until dissolved.
- 2.) Add 2-5 teaspoons of whiting, until desired abrasiveness and consistency is reached.
- 3.) Use to scour sinks, baths etc.
- Editor’s Note: The whiting makes this formula scratch. For a non-scratch formula, substitute the whiting with baking soda.
- 250 ml (1 cup) soap flakes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) washing soda*
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) borax
- 1.) Mix ingredients together and stir well.
- 2.) For regular loads: Measure 1/2 cup of mixture and add to cold water in your washing machine.
- 3.) Wash as normal, making sure you rinse with cold water.
- * For very hard water, add more washing soda.
- Even with the extra cost of incorporating all of the above ingredients, doing your laundry this way is still more economical than conventional methods! Also, never forget to dry your clothes in the sun whenever possible. Sunshine is the oldest and best natural bleach and disinfectant available.