How to use this product:
- replace butter and shortening in recipes with coconut oil.
- use it to fry eggs, vegetables, meats in a pan.
- add a small amount in your oatmeal.
- rub small amounts of coconut oil on dry hair for 1 to 2 hours before washing (e.g. for moisturizing).
Why use this product?
Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides (MCT) and Lauric Acid, a fatty acid with antimicrobial properties. Coconut oil therefore is:
- a good non-hydrogenated oil for cooking.
- a great source of energy that can help increase satiety (i.e. feeling full) and help in weight loss programs.
- useful as a moisturizer for hair and skin.
- helpful in regulating body lipids and improving the immune system.
- suitable for raw food diets.
Coconuts provide a great source of energy and the highly beneficial fatty acid – Lauric Acid.
Gold Top Organics’ Virgin Coconut Oil is suitable for raw food diets and is great for cooking too. It has a wonderful coconut flavour and aroma.
Coconut oil has been consumed for thousands of years. Coconut oil is used as a medicinal food in Ayurvedic medicine, an ancient natural healing system from India. Today, we use coconut oil as a non-hydrogenated source of oil for cooking and several health benefits.
Coconut oil contains mostly medium chain triglycerides (MCTs). These MCTs are metabolized efficiently and preferentially converted into energy rather than being transported and deposited into tissues such as adipose (i.e. fat). Evidence suggests that increased consumption of MCT’s increases the rate calories are burned, increases satiety, helps to reduce the amount of fat stored in adipose tissue and may help control body weight.
Coconut oil is a significant plant source of Lauric Acid, a fatty acid recognized for its anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-protozoal properties. According to Dr. Mary Enig; “Recently published research has shown that natural coconut fat in the diet leads to a normalization of body lipids, protects against alcohol damage to the liver and improves the immune systems anti-inflammatory response.”
Because of its antimicrobial properties, some people use coconut oil to brush teeth.
Gold Top Organics cold pressed the oil out of the coconut. No further refining or deodorizing or bleaching is done. There are other types of coconut oils. Beware that low grade coconut oils are processed from dried coconuts. The resulting oil is refined, bleached, and deodorized leaving it bland and tasteless. These processes change the physical nature of the oil making it unhealthy and difficult for our bodies to process. When compared to Gold Top’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, the choice is clear which is better for your health.