Ingredients: Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), Calcium (from calcium phosphate, calcium stearate), L-Lysine (as l-lysine hydrochloride), Garlic Bulb (deodorized), Echinacea purpurea (aerial parts extract), Propolis, Licorice Root Extract.
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Coating (Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, Dextrin, Dextrose, Medium Chain Triglycerides (vegetable), Sodium Citrate), Stearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Croscarmellose Sodium, Wax.
Quantum Health has been offering a variety of nutrient formula solutions for over 35 years. For year-round immune support, try our top-selling SuperLysine+ tablets. Our lysine supplement is formulated with a special blend of lysine and six other ingredients to help support your immune system. Many of our customers combine our lysine pills with our SuperLysine+ cold sore ointment for excellent results.
Suggested Use: Take 3 tablets daily on an empty stomach.
Our bodies need lysine
Lysine is an essential amino acid that is required for our bodies to build protein. An amino acid is called essential when our bodies can’t make it, so we must get it from our diet. L lysine, the form of lysine that our bodies need, can be found in a variety of foods and supplements.
Our bodies use protein hormones for basic functions such as sleep, metabolism and digestion. These protein hormones are composed of amino acid chains. Antibodies, which help keep our immune system healthy and able to fight off attacks, are also composed of proteins.
Environmental factors are constantly bombarding our bodies and breaking down cells. Those cells need to be built up again with amino acids, like lysine, to help our bodies function properly.
Clinical medical studies show that getting enough L lysine begins with eating a well-balanced diet. Red meat, chicken, fish, and cheese are high in lysine. However, vegetarians and vegans can obtain lysine from plant-based sources such as soybeans, nuts and beans. You could also opt for lysine supplements if you’re still deficient.
Lysine has many roles to play in our bodies. This amino acid is responsible for supporting the immune system, promoting the growth of collagen, and helping our bodies absorb important minerals. Additionally, in Canada, the government approves lysine as an effective supplement for preventing cold sores.
How to choose an oral lysine supplement
There are many lysine supplements on the market, and choosing the right one for you can be a challenge. Here are some tips you can follow:
- Choose supplements from a company you trust. It is best to buy your lysine supplement from a reputable source. Look for a trusted brand since quality can vary.
- Avoid excess arginine sometimes included in lysine tablets. Although arginine is beneficial and necessary, too much can lead to gastrointestinal or respiratory side effects. Check the label and avoid buying lysine supplements that also list arginine or L-arginine. Quantum Health’s SuperLysine+ Tablets do not contain any arginine.
- Read the labels. The label should contain a complete list of ingredients, serving size, active ingredients, manufacturers’ information, and amount of product.
Our lysine pills can be taken as needed when you’re experiencing immune system challenges or daily to keep you feeling your best. We’ve developed a blend of vitamins and nutrients in addition to lysine to provide the immune support our bodies need to function at their best. All of our products are based on customer feedback and science-backed research to provide you with a product that works.
In addition to lysine, our tablets include:
- Vitamin C. Similar to lysine, vitamin C can’t be made by our bodies but must be obtained through diet. Vitamin C has many health benefits, including supporting a healthy immune system.
- Garlic bulb. Garlic is a plant in the onion family. It’s been used throughout ancient history for medicinal uses. Today, it’s widely used for its immune support properties.
- Echinacea. A flowering plant in the daisy family, echinacea has been used for centuries in folk medicine. Today it is known for its ability to support a healthy immune response. It works well when taken at the onset of an immune challenge.
- Propolis. Bees do more than make honey. They produce a compound from evergreen sap, propolis, that they use to coat their hives. In ancient Assyria, people used it to fight infection and heal wounds. Today we know that propolis contains antioxidants that help protect our bodies from damage.
- Licorice root. Another antioxidant, licorice root has also been used since ancient times for its healing properties. It’s the root of the plant Glycyrrhiza glabra, native to Europe and Asia.
It starts with a healthy diet
Remember, when you eat a healthy and well-balanced diet, you have a better chance of getting the nutrients your body needs to function properly. However, with our fast-paced lifestyles, this can sometimes be hard to do. For those instances, and for times of particular immune challenge, you can look to immune supplements such as lysine to help your body do its job.
Quantum Health products work
There’s a reason our personal care products and supplements lead the herbal and nutrient formulas industry. Quantum Health incorporates customer feedback and content with well-researched products to help you feel your best. You can combine our lysine supplement with our soothing lysine ointment for complete protection and immune support, and rest easy knowing our products are science-backed with high-quality ingredients.
To learn about our other products or to buy lysine, visit your local retailer or shop on our online store today.