MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS – EACH TABLET CONTAINS:
-Calcium (calcium carbonate & calcium citrate) – 250 mg
-Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) equivalent to 200 IU of vitamin D3 activity – 5 mcg
Citric acid, fructose, dextrose, cherry juice concentrate, natural cherry flavour, natural prosweet, Stevia rebaudiana leaf powder, stearic acid (vegetable), magnesium stearate (vegetable)
DOSAGE – CHILDREN (4 & UP):
Take 2–3 tablets daily or as directed by a health care practitioner
Dairy, wheat, artificial flavours, artificial sweeteners or colours.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and even though it is found in various food sources, such as dairy products, green leafy vegetables, and nuts, studies show that children do not often meet the recommended daily intake of calcium in their diet. Children have unique nutritional needs due to their rapidly growing bodies and calcium is crucial during the growing years as it contributes to peak bone mass. Research shows that people who achieve and maintain healthy peak bone mass are at lesser risk of bone loss and osteoporosis later in life.
There are a number of reasons for an inadequate calcium intake by children, including picky eating, poor dietary choices, lactose intolerance or consumption of foods and beverages that deplete calcium levels, such as caffeine and sugar-rich sodas. Sisu Kiddie Cal is a delicious vitamin treat and a reliable way to ensure that children are taking enough calcium to build strong bones and teeth.
- High-potency formula of calcium citrate and calcium carbonate and vitamin D3
- Calcium carbonate is easily absorbed in children and young people, it is less gritty and has a smooth texture compared to some other forms
- Calcium citrate is considered to be better absorbed in adults, but children have higher gastric acid in their stomach and are able to digest both calcium carbonate and calcium citrate without digestive problems
- Magnesium is not included in the formula in order to avoid potential stomach upset in younger children
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) derived from lanolin from sheep’s wool
- Vitamin D is essential to calcium absorption and helps to support bone density
- All natural flavours and naturally sweetened