Magnesium is a mineral that plays a vital role in the functioning of our bodies. Over 300 chemical reactions in our body depend on magnesium.
So, what are the benefits of Magnesium BisGlycinate?
- It absorbs better because of its increased solubility
- It has minimal laxative effects compared to other magnesium formulas
- It contains a powerful neurotransmitter – glycine, which makes you feel more relaxed and reduces stress
- It’s used to treat magnesium deficiency
- BisGlycinate has a fortified organic structure, making its amino acid absorb well in the intestine
- Magnesium glycinate has been shown to be effective in reducing the risk of stroke
- Reduces muscle cramps in pregnant women by 50%
Why Do People Suffer From Magnesium Deficiency?
Effective supplementing of magnesium depends on two factors: how much you consume and how much your body can absorb. How much you can absorb depends on your lifestyle, your diet, stress levels, medications you may be taking, and age.
Chronic functional disorders of the gastrointestinal system are becoming increasingly common. Inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn’s and colitis result in inflammation in the intestine. Other conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and yeast overgrowth can have similar effects in inhibiting magnesium absorption or flushing it out (through diarrhea) before it can be absorbed.
Easy To Lose
Our magnesium requirements have increased. When we suffer from high stress, our body produces a hormone protein called cortisol. Producing and regulating this hormone means spending and excreting more magnesium.
Coffee, alcohol, diuretic drugs, and birth control pills can cause our kidneys to eliminate more magnesium than they should.
Article written by Terri Russell at Old Fashion Foods.